This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Delta has teamed up with United Way to offer up to 5,000 bonus miles for donations to United Way. Bonus points are are based on the amount of dollars donated to United Way. Delta members can earn bonus miles from September 5 – September 30, 2013 for valid donations.
How To Earn 5,000 Bonus Miles
- Donate to United Way through this Delta link and earn miles based on how much you donate
Terms & Conditions
- Donate $50 – $124 – Earn 1,000 miles
- Donate $125 – $299 – Earn 2,500 miles
- Donate $300 and up – Earn 5,000 miles
- SkyMiles members who donate online to United Way between September 5 – September 30, 2013 will earn a one-time bonus of 1,000 miles for a donation of $50-124; 2,500 miles for a donation of $125-299; or 5,000 miles for a donation of $300 or more. A maximum of 5,000 miles may be earned through this promotion. Bonus offer limited to the first 5,000 SkyMiles members who donate. Members must enter their SkyMiles number on the donation form to qualify. This offer is only available for United Way contributions made through the link above. Please note that separate United Way contributions do not count toward this offer. All SkyMiles program rules apply to SkyMiles program membership, miles, offers, mile accrual, mile redemption and travel benefits. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.
It’s nice to see Delta giving out bonus miles for donations to United Way. Some companies request their employees to give to a charity of choice but in the same tone keep a “list” of employees that don’t donate. I personally prefer to give to my charity of choice. Earning bonus miles can add miles to your account or a chance to give the miles to a charity of your choice.
Who’s your charity of choice?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.