Delta Air Lines just announced that they are upping their presence at Boston’s Logan Airport. They are adding non-stop flights to Las Vegas; Jacksonville, and Richmond, Virginia. They are also adding additional service to Los Angeles and launching summer service to Nassau and Providenciales, Turks and Caicos.
Details of the New Flights Include:
- New daily service to Jacksonville, Fla. and Richmond, Va., operated by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air using 76-seat, two-class CRJ-900s, effective March 3, 2014 and March 6, 2014
- New service to Las Vegas with three flights per week operating a Boeing 737-800, effective March 6, 2014
- Expanding service to Los Angeles with one additional flight for a total of two daily operating a Boeing 737-800, effective April 7, 2014
- New Saturday-only summer seasonal service to Nassau, Bahamas, operated by Delta Connection carrier Shuttle America using 76-seat, two-class E-175s as well as the Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands using an Airbus 320, effective March 8, 2014
- Extended service to Cancun, previously scheduled to end April 26, 2014, now ending Aug. 30, 2014
Delta will now have 70 peak-day departures from Logan International Airport to 16 destinations. The competition at Boston seems to be heating up, since JetBlue is also increasing their presence there as well. These new flights will be a welcomed addition for Boston flyers.