Star Alliance launched a fun game called the Star Alliance Gold Game, which asks trivia questions about Star Alliance Gold Status as well as involves some online challenges.
The two highest winners from each frequent flyer program will win Star Alliance Gold Status for themselves for as gift to a friend or family member for 12 months. Through this promotion there will be 36 winners of Star Alliance Gold Status.
Star Alliance Gold Benefits Include:
- Priority Airport Check-in
- Airport Lounge Access
- Priority Boarding
- Extra Baggage Allowance
- Priority Baggage Handling
- Priority Reservations Waitlisting
- Priority Airport Standby
Promotion Terms and Conditions:
The Gold Game is an online game with the Gold Status benefits at its core. It will feature five quick-fire rounds, with each question linked to a Gold Status benefit. The questions will test the player’s international travel knowledge where they will be asked multiple choice questions, puzzle solving and observational skills. Players get one go of the game and a second chance if they share it via social media channels or via email. Subject to the following Terms and Conditions, players have the chance to win Gold Status on a member airline Frequent Flyer Programme of their choice:
- This Gold Game Competition (the “Competition”) is open to members of the public aged 18 and over only and participation in this Competition is subject to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Proof of age may be required at any stage of the Competition. Employees of the Promoter (as defined below); employees of any Star Alliance member carrier; and employees of adam&eveDDB Ltd., Atomic London Ltd., Space66 Ltd. or any of their agents, contractors or distributors, are not eligible to participate. Furthermore agents, contractors and distributors as well as employees of the marketing or media agencies or any IT supplier contracted by the Promoter (as defined below) or its contractors and subcontractors for services to be provided for this Competition and anyone connected with this Competition are not eligible to participate.
- The promoter of this Competition is Star Alliance Services GmbH (the “Promoter”), whose offices are situated at Frankfurt Airport Center, Main Lobby, Frankfurt D-60546, Germany. All decisions made by the Promoter in all matters regarding this Competition are final, no correspondence will be entered into and recourse to the courts shall be excluded.
- The Competition starts at 9:00 am GMT on 1st November, 2013 (the “Starting Date”) and ends at 6:00 pm GMT 13th December, 2013 (the “Closing Date”); the time between the Starting Date and the Closing Date: (the “Competition Period”). Entries received after the Closing Date of the Competition will not be considered.
- By entering the Competition, you (the “Entrant”) are deemed to have understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). You, the Entrant, will be asked to expressly accept these Terms and Conditions when you register for this Competition. Please retain a copy of these Terms for your future reference. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not register for this Competition. Without agreement to these Terms and Conditions you will not be allowed to participate in this Competition.
- Your attention is drawn in particular to the limitations of liability contained in these Terms (Sections 13 – 15).
- This Competition and any disputes relating to it will be interpreted by the laws of England and Wales and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Since they are giving two entrants per frequent flyer program with the top scores Stat Alliance Gold Status, you might want to try a lesser known as opposed to United which I suspect most people are going for.
Remember having Star Alliance Gold Status on another airline not based in the U.S. gives international lounge access while flying in the U.S. then.