This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
As mentioned previously, Delta was the first airline to announce the use of portable electronic devices in all stages of their flights including below 10,000 feet.
To celebrate, they launched a contest on Facebook, where they are giving away two first class tickets for those who take and upload a shot of a picture taken #BELOW10KFEET.
This contest runs now through November 30th. To participate, you must head over to the Delta Facebook page, where you must upload a picture taken below 10,000 feet on a Delta flight.
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: Delta’s #Below10kFeet contest is open to all legal residents of the United States of America 21 years or older. Employees of Delta Air Lines, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its affiliates/subsidiaries and agencies, and their families are not eligible. All applicable laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Entry in the Contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these Official Contest Rules (the “Official Rules”).
- How To Enter: Participants may enter by submitting a photo taken from inside the plane looking out the window through the #Below10kFeet app located at Facebook.com/Delta between November 4, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and November 30, 2013 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Entry Period”) and completing the entry form. Participants must supply full details as required by the entry form. Internet access is required Participants must have a valid email and postal address to participate. Only entries submitted via the online entry form provided on the promotional page above will be accepted. Entries submitted via any other method, including but not limited to post, facsimile or email will NOT be accepted. There is no other means of entry.
- To be eligible: Each entry must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on November 30, 2013. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and the prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on the winning entry. All entries must be in English. Limit one (1) online entry per person.
- How Winner will be selected/judged: When the voting closes at 12:00 a.m. EST on December 1, 2013, the entry with the most votes cast via the #Below10kFeet app will be selected as the potential winner. Potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about 12:00 p.m. EST, December 7, 2013.
- What happens if I am selected as the winner: The winner will receive two (two) roundtrip First Class tickets from the airport served by Delta closest to the winner’s home to anywhere in the continental United States (Hawaii and Alaska excluded). The potential winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility, a confidentiality agreement, and a liability release/assignment of rights and return within 48 hours of receipt of notification. If the potential winner fails to complete the above requirements for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected based on the next highest number of votes received. Travel must be completed within one (1) year from date of issued certificate or winner will forfeit the prize.
- Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,840 (USD). The actual value of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations, currency exchange fluctuations, and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual value and ARV.
As the first airline to allow portal electronic devices in all stages of flight, Delta really wants to get the message out there and is doing so with this fun contest.
Good luck and you might as well enter because you never know if you’ll be next winner.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.