This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
From now through May 31, 2014 Hyatt Gold Passport members can double their points on reservations made in advance with participating properties. The trick is that you have to book the reservation using a “Double Points” rate, something which often makes me second guess if I’m actually getting a good deal or not.
How To Double Your Points
- Book a double points rate at a participating Hyatt property using 2XPTS special offer code
Rate Comparison vs Extra Points
First off, let’s compare the amount of points earned by status level. Below is a list of the points earnings by status level. This will help you determine how many points you would earn as a baseline against the “double points” package.
- Gold Member – 5 points per dollar
- Platinum Member – 5 points per dollar plus 15% bonus (5.75 points per dollar)
- Diamond Member – 5 points per dollar plus 30% bonus (6.5 points per dollar)
Next, you’ll need to compare rates of points earned through the package vs normal rates. Here’s an example:
Double Your Points Rate – Grand Hyatt Atlanta
- Rate – $198.45
- Base Points Earned – 5x per dollar
- Bonus Points Earned – 5x per dollar
- Total Base Points Earned – 1,984
Advance Purchase Rate – Grand Hyatt Atlanta
- Rate – $160.65
- Base Points Earned – 5x per dollar
- Bonus Points Earned – None
- Total Base Points Earned – 803
The total cost above the advance rate is $37.80 per night, but with the double points package, you’ll earn an extra 1,181. This is essentially like purchasing Hyatt points for $.032 per point, not a good deal in my opinion.
Terms And Conditions
Offer valid for bookings between February 19, 2014 to May 31, 2014 and travel between March 1, 2014 to May 31, 2014 at participating hotels. All hotel reservations are subject to availability and must be made in advance. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Guest must book and stay on the Double Your Points rate to receive bonus points. Hyatt Gold Passport members must provide their membership number and choose points for their stay. Only one bonus may be redeemed per member, per stay. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. Please allow 4-6 weeks after travel is completed for Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points to be credited to your account. Rate is based on single occupancy and standard guest room accommodations. Additional guests may be subject to additional hotel charges. Additional charges apply to room-type upgrades. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this program at any time without notice. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house™, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation. © 2014 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.
The double points promotion is a way to increase your total points earned during a Hyatt stay. If you are paying for your own hotel, it doesn’t make sense given the high cost per point.
- Almost Don’t Want To Tell You About This Place But I Will –One of Hyatt’s Best Kept Secrets Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa
- How To Save 7% On Hyatt Hotel Stays–Best Credit Card To Use At Hyatt
- Hyatt Champagne Happy Hour For This Diamond Guest
- Hyatt Bonita Springs–Most Underrated Hyatt Beach
- How To Increase Chances For Targeted American Express Offers
- Free Hilton Gold Status for Amex Platinum Cardholders
- How To Transfer American Express Membership Rewards To Travel Programs
- How To Link Travel Programs To American Express Membership Rewards Program
- Diamond Breakfast over Tokyo
- Breakfast At The Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Martinis Down Under–Park Hyatt Sydney Part I
- Martinis Down Under – Park Hyatt Sydney Part II
- Park Hyatt Sydney – Ridiculous view for breakfast
- How To make your room cooler
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.