This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Southwest announced this week that it will launch new service Washington’s Reagan National. By the end of this year, Southwest will offer 44 daily departures to 14 destinations from Reagan National Airport.
Beginning Aug. 10, 2014, Southwest Airlines will add daily, nonstop flights between Washington National Airport and:
- Chicago (Midway) with six roundtrips at introductory fares as low as $119 one-way
- Nashville with three roundtrips at introductory fares as low as $129 one-way
- New Orleans with two roundtrips at introductory fares as low as $129 one-way
Beginning Sept. 30, 2014, Southwest will further add to its DCA service:
- Tampa Bay, with two roundtrips at introductory fares as low as $84 one-way
- Three additional flights to Chicago (Midway) for a total of nine daily roundtrips.
Beginning Nov. 2, 2014, Southwest Airlines will add additional daily nonstop service between Washington Reagan National Airport and:
- Akron-Canton (new route)
- Dallas Love Field (new route)
- Houston (Hobby) (additional flights)
- Indianapolis (new route)
- St. Louis (additional flights)
Southwest Airlines also today announces new service between:
- St. Louis and San Francisco, daily nonstop roundtrip begins Sept. 30, 2014, at introductory fares as low as $119 one-way
- Los Angeles and Omaha, daily nonstop roundtrip begins June 9, 2014, at introductory fares as low as $159 one-way
- St. Louis and Los Angeles, third daily nonstop roundtrip begins June 8, 2014
- Boise and Los Angeles, (Saturday only) nonstop roundtrip begins June 14, 2014
Hopefully, these new Southwest flights into DCA will result in lower fares of DC fliers.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.