***Update as of 9am ET April 22, this offer is now dead***
Hyatt currently has a targeted offer for Microsoft employees which provides an upgrade to Hyatt Platinum Status.
However, it seems that everyone with this link should be able to get their account updated to Hyatt Platinum status.
Normally this status is earned by staying with Hyatt 5 times or 15 nights in a year.
Hyatt Platinum Benefits:
- Achieve rewards faster with a 15% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy a preferred room including rooms on higher floors or larger rooms, based on availability upon arrival
- Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in
- Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 72-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 2:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Platinum line
This promotion also provides a fast track to Diamond Status.
Details of the offer:
Upgrade to Platinum Status
Register to enjoy the premium perks of Hyatt Gold Passport® Platinum membership through February 2015 when staying at Hyatt hotels worldwide. With this exclusive offer, you can experience the premium benefits of Platinum status including a 15% point bonus, complimentary in-room Internet access, 2 p.m. late check-out and more. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, every stay at Hyatt will be even more rewarding.
Additionally, with just 4 stays or 10 nights in 2014 you will maintain Platinum status through February 2016 – that’s 1 fewer stay or 5 fewer nights than normally required to achieve or maintain this elite status.
Fast Track to Diamond
Once you’ve achieved Platinum status, you will be registered to achieve Diamond status even faster. After only 20 stays or 40 nights in 2014, you will be upgraded to Diamond status through February 2016 – that’s 5 fewer stays or 10 fewer nights than normally required to achieve this elite status. You will enjoy elite benefits and rewards including a 30% point bonus, exclusive access to the Regency Club® or Grand Club® lounge, suite upgrade awards and more.
Be sure to register for this sooner than later as my guess is that this offer will be pulled from the public soon.