As I blogged last week, American Express’s Small Business Saturday will be better then last year with each registered American Express Card eligible for up to $30 in statement credits vs. only $10 last year!
You might think it sounds funny that I am so excited for Small Business Saturday but, with the number of American Express cards that we have as a family, we are looking at being able to cash in on some serious statement credits!
Register every American Express Card you have – personal and business – both primary and additional cards. Cards like:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card
- Bluebird® by American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
I’m Psyched And Ready For Small Business Saturday
1.) Looking at how many cards I have that will be eligible for the promotion. New for this year, American Express Bluebird and Serve cards are eligible. Mrs. WeeklyFlyer doesn’t have a Bluebird account yet, so this is one area we can add a card to get another $30 in credits.
2.) Accessing if I or Mrs. WeeklyFlyer need to apply for more cards. Are there any offers that I was thinking about taking advantage of anyway and apply for them now so that I will have the card for Small Business Saturday. This way I can take advantage of the additional $30 in credits.
3.) Adding authorized users to my American Express cards that don’t have a fee to do so. Authorized user cards with unique card numbers have always been eligible for their own statement credits on Small Business Saturday so, I am making sure that we can cash in a little bigger by adding Mrs. WeeklyFlyer to some of my cards. I don’t have many cards that will work for this plan because they charge a fee to add an authorized user but, something to consider if you do.
How To Register
I have 5 cards that should be eligible this year which is equal to $150 in statement credits! Not too shabby!
What are your strategies to maximizing Small Business Saturday?