This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
On the heels of the announcement that InterContinental Hotels Acquires Kimpton Hotels, I got to thinking what Kimpton property would I be the most interested in using my IHG points for once the integration or at least cross redemption integration of points programs is complete?
Top 7 Kimpton Hotels To Use IHG Points
So, immediately I started looking at the Kimpton properties I’ve always wanted to visit but instead, this time I would redeem IHG Rewards Points. I have only stayed in a couple and wanted to see what Kimpton’s unique selections looked like. What I found was that they offer 62 boutique hotels in 28 cities. Here is my initial thinking on hotels I would like to visit with my IHG points. This may change depending on how many points are required of course as well as airline reward availability to the locations.
- Sir Frances Drake, Union Square San Francisco – landmark hotel steps from Chinatown and Union Square
- The George, Capitol Hill, Washington, DC – newly renovated hotel, near Union Station and top attractions
- Sky Hotel, Aspen Mountain – referred to as the “sexiest ski lodge in North America,” with ski-in access
- Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, Vero Beach – oceanfront, multi-room suites on the Treasure coast
- Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, Palm Beach – Palm Beach’s only oceanfront boutique hotel
- The Brice, Savannah – center of Savannah’s National Historic Landmark District
- RiverPlace, Portland – riverfront, “Best Hotels Portland, 2014,” – U.S. News
IHG Rewards just became more rewarding because they are acquiring 62 boutique hotels in the Kimpton portfolio, where you will be able to use IHG points! Kimpton offers a great products and is a great addition to IHG. I don’t know about you but, I am pumped to use my points at Kimpton! How about you, which properties do you have your eye on?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.