On the heels of the announcement that InterContinental Hotels Acquires Kimpton Hotels, I got to thinking what Kimpton property would I be the most interested in using my IHG points for once the integration or at least cross redemption integration of points programs is complete?
Top 7 Kimpton Hotels To Use IHG Points
So, immediately I started looking at the Kimpton properties I’ve always wanted to visit but instead, this time I would redeem IHG Rewards Points. I have only stayed in a couple and wanted to see what Kimpton’s unique selections looked like. What I found was that they offer 62 boutique hotels in 28 cities. Here is my initial thinking on hotels I would like to visit with my IHG points. This may change depending on how many points are required of course as well as airline reward availability to the locations.
- Sir Frances Drake, Union Square San Francisco – landmark hotel steps from Chinatown and Union Square
- The George, Capitol Hill, Washington, DC – newly renovated hotel, near Union Station and top attractions
- Sky Hotel, Aspen Mountain – referred to as the “sexiest ski lodge in North America,” with ski-in access
- Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, Vero Beach – oceanfront, multi-room suites on the Treasure coast
- Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, Palm Beach – Palm Beach’s only oceanfront boutique hotel
- The Brice, Savannah – center of Savannah’s National Historic Landmark District
- RiverPlace, Portland – riverfront, “Best Hotels Portland, 2014,” – U.S. News
IHG Rewards just became more rewarding because they are acquiring 62 boutique hotels in the Kimpton portfolio, where you will be able to use IHG points! Kimpton offers a great products and is a great addition to IHG. I don’t know about you but, I am pumped to use my points at Kimpton! How about you, which properties do you have your eye on?