I recently found myself in LAX and with time to kill on my hands. At first I had some drinks with friends and a nice view.
Then I took to twitter, found one of the best places to eat in the LAX airport and had a nice burger and martini on my 5 hour layover.
But when I got back to the Delta Sky Club I noticed some work going on in the back.
LAX Sky Club Renovations
So I asked to take a shower, because I knew two of the working showers were located back there. As a result I got a backstage tour of what was going on and what the newly renovated space will look like.
New seating area, perhaps for VIP’s who take advantage of Delta’s VIP service like those who get Porsche Rides and signup for special handling through the airport.
Then they are adding two more showers to handle shower requests they get at LAX. I often find a long list of people on the list for showers here causing a wait of 10 or more people. Not bad when you can just go grab a drink by the window on a 5 hour layover, but a long list isn’t good when you’re on a tight connection. So the added showers are a nice addition.
On the right you can see a door to two of the existing showers that are operational, but they are located back in the construction zone.
Delta is renovating some space and adding showers at the Los Angeles Sky Club in terminal 4. These showers will no doubt take some of the wait time off the shower list. I guess they didn’t like my idea of adding an Elite Member upgrade list where you could skip to the front of the line if you were Platinum or Diamond.
These changes are nice and this Delta Sky Club will definitely be where I go to get a shower on a long layover, but the Seattle Alaska Air Board Room for drinks and of course the pancakes.
- Best Place To Eat At LAX Airport…And Best Martini
- Delta’s Seattle Sky Club – What It Has That Alaska’s Boardroom Doesn’t
- Alaska Airlines Board Room – Making Pancakes At LAX
- Delta Secrets – VIP Select Service Is The Most Elite
- Delta Porsche – Elite Member VIP Service
- Delta 777 Flat-Bed Business Class Review – Atlanta To Los Angeles
- Westin Los Angeles Bonaventure Tower Suite Upgrade
- Two New Delta Flights – Aspen And San Francisco / Los Angeles Shuttle
- Delta’s “Other Transcon” Service – 777 Business Elite From Los Angeles
- Delta Expands Porsche Service to Los Angeles, New York-JFK and Minneapolis/St. Paul
- United Launches World’s Longest 787 Route from Los Angeles to Melbourne
- Southwest Terminal At LAX Undergoing $508 Million Renovation
- Delta Launches Full Flat-Beds on New York-Los Angeles Flights in BusinessElite
- American Airlines To Launch New Destinations from Los Angeles
- Delta Launches New Routes from Los Angeles
- American Airlines To Dominate at Los Angeles International Airport
- Delta to Launch New Service from Los Angeles to Shanghai
- Los Angeles To French Polynesia In Air France Business Class
- Ritz Carlton Marina Del Ray
- Andaz West Hollywood