This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
American Express membership rewards program has a new relationship with Airbnb, the world’s leading community-driven hospitality company where people can list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. U.S. Card Members who are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program can now use Membership Rewards points for Airbnb eGift cards.
New From Amex – Buy Airbnb Gift Cards with Points
- eGift cards are available in $100 and $250 denominations.
- Card Members redeem points at membershiprewards.com and then receive an eGift card via email that can be used to book stays directly with Airbnb.
About the Membership Rewards Program from Amex
The Membership Rewards program from American Express offers more than a million reward options from more than 500 brands. The program allows Card Members to earn one point for virtually every dollar charged on eligible, enrolled American Express Cards, with many opportunities to earn points faster. Membership Rewards points are redeemable in a wide selection of reward categories. Points have no expiration date, and there is no limit on the number of points a Card Member can earn. You must have an eligible American Express Card:
- Platinum Card from American Express
- American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- SimplyCash® Business Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN
- Business Green Rewards Card from American Express OPEN
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world – online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
You can read more about Airbnb in my post Heading To The Super Bowl? It’s Not Too Late To Get A Room!
Airbnb has amazing options for hotel accommodations like staying in a castle or an igloo! (Seriously!) Now you can use your American Express membership rewards points to buy Airbnb egift cards in $100 or $250 denominations. If you haven’t checked out Airbnb yet you can get $25 off your first reservation with Airbnb when you sign up here.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.