This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Each week, we will be taking a look at airline elite status level and the benefits that come with it and how to leverage earning the status.
Overview of Delta Silver Medallion Status
So for this week, we are going to look at Delta Silver Medallion, which normally requires either 25,00 miles or 30 segments.
How to Earn:
(1) 25,00 Medallion Qualifying Miles
(2) 30 Medallion Qualifying Segments
(3) plus $3,000 in Medallion Qualifying Dollars
- Complimentary Comfort+ Seats 24 hours prior to departure for U.S. And International Travel
- Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades 1 day out on discounted fares
- Unlimited Complimentary Companion Upgrades
- Complimentary Preferred Seats
- 100% Full Fare First/Business Class MQM Bonus (F, J Fares)
- 50% Discounted First/Business/Premium Economy MQM Bonus (P, A, G, C, D, I, Z, Y and B Fares)
- Unlimited Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles
- Waived Baggage Fees
- Priority Check-In and Priority Boarding
- Earn 7 SkyMiles per $1 spent
And, you can Earn Miles and Starpoints for Starwood Stays through their Crossover Rewards partnership.
Other Ways To Earn:
The easiest way to earn Delta Medallion Qualifying miles is through their co-branded American Express cards. With the Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express, you earn 10,000 MQMs with your first purchase and can earn 15,000 MQMs after spending $30,000 and another 15,000 MQMs after spending 60,000. With the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express, you earn 5,000 MQMs with you spend $1,000 and can earn 10,000 MQMs after spending $25,000 and another 10,000 MQMs after spending $50,000.
Delta Silver Medallion offers some great perks when it comes to airline elite status. The unlimited complimentary upgrade benefit can be useful and depending on the routes you fly, you may find yourself up in First Class more than you think. The waived baggage fees and access to the new Comfort+ seats 24 hours before departure can also save you some money.
What’s your favorite Delta Silver Medallion benefit?
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.