This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
In this post we’ll share how you can receive an Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75k Status Match through email and start enjoying all the benefits the status has to offer.
I can speak from experience having just received confirmation of my new MVP Gold 75k status match. I’ve long been interested in Alaska Airlines mileage program. They have some sweet spot awards and the best part is they get around in terms of partnering with other airlines. So you can earn miles on Alaska Airlines or their partners and redeem your miles on one of many partners. It was a hard decision at first, that is until Delta continued to pull the rug out from underneath their Sky Miles members. So I made the decision, sent in my status match and now I can enjoy all the benefits of the Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75k status.
Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75k Status Match
To receive the status match you first have to have status on another airline. Then all you need to do is send an email to email@example.com including your Airline Status card (in my case Delta Platinum), a recent copy of your airline program statement (I pulled the most recent Delta statement) and a copy of your current driver license.
After you do that just sit back and wait until you get an email with a note that looks like the following:
The details of the email stated:
Weekly Flyer, we are honored to welcome you to the MVP Gold 75K level of our award-winning Mileage Plan™.
You can now take advantage of your exclusive MVP Gold 75K benefits. We hope you enjoy your new perks and look forward to welcoming you on your next flight very soon.
Alaska Airlines MVP 75k Status
But what exactly are the benefits? Below are a list of benefits:
- Top priority for complimentary First Class upgrades on Alaska
- Waived fees for changes and cancellations
- 125% Elite Bonus Miles on Alaska and 12 partners
- An opportunity to nominate someone to MVP status
- Four Day Passes to our Board Room airport lounges
- Priority check-in and boarding on Alaska and American Airlines®
The coolest benefit in my opinion is the ability to nominate someone else to MVP status. Does anyone reading this have an interest in Alaska MVP 75k Status? If so, leave a note in the comments with how you think we should give it away – we have to be fair and all.
But other than that, the four day passes to the Board Room are pretty cool as well as the 125% Elite Bonus Miles on Alaska and 12 of their partners.
What This Means When Flying Delta
Well, I have two options, I can apply my Delta Platinum status to my Delta reservation. I earned that status the easy way through using Delta’s Credit Cards to earn Miles Boost MQMs to achieve status.
Or I can apply my new Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75k status to my Delta reservations and hope for the following benefits when flying with Delta:
- Priority check-in
- 100% Elite Bonus Miles
- Zone 1 Boarding
- Preferred seating
- Complimentary domestic upgrades within the United States*, Canada, Mexico, and select Caribbean destinations*
*Complimentary upgrades are not available on nonstop flights between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle, or on nonstop flights between Atlanta and Hawaii.
What This Means When Flying American Airlines
Alaska Airlines MVP Gold 75k members can enjoy the following benefits when flying on American Airlines:
- Priority AAccess Check-in and Boarding
- Express Security Lines at Select Airports
- Complimentary Preferred and Main Cabin Extra seats
for MVP® Gold and 75K members
- Complimentary Preferred and 50% Discount on Main Cabin Extra
for MVP members
- Checked Baggage Fee Waiver for First Bag* for MVP® members
- Checked Baggage Fee Waiver for First 2 Bags for MVP® Gold and 75K members
Through the simple step above, I now have Alaska Airlines top tier MVP 75k Status through the end of the year, December 31, 2015. I can take advantage of the benefits while flying on Alaska and their partner airlines.
- Delta and Alaska to Devalue Reciprocal Elite Benefits
- Alaska Airlines Passenger Stung By Scorpion
- Earn Double Miles on Alaska Airlines Select Routes
- Get 5% Off Alaska Airlines Flights With Birthday Present Each Year
- Is This The Coolest Way To Guarantee Priority Boarding on Alaska Airlines
- Have You Status Matched To Alaska Air Yet?
- Alaska Airlines Board Room – Making Pancakes At LAX
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.