Last month, we wrote about how Gotham Air would be launching a new helicopter service from downtown Manhattan to both JFK and Newark (EWR) airports for $99. Well, the service has finally begun and you can book these rides on their website.
GothamAir will also offer an app in the Apple iTunes Store in early February 2015. Gotham Air says this could cut down the commute from Manhattan from two hours sitting in traffic, to as little as six minutes riding in a helicopter. They are currently offering a special for $120 off their flights, which bring the price down to $99 by using promo code LAUNCH.
To qualify for this offer, you must book between now and February 17th, for travel beginning tomorrow, Monday Feb 16th.
As a reminder, here are some of the features of Gotham Air:
- Flights available seven days a week
- First time users pay $99 to JFK or EWR; after the first ride, a one way fare is $199 – $219 dependent on departure time
- Complimentary hors d’oeuvres provided by world renowned Chef Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery
- Beverage services available for afternoon flights
- Luxury helicopter interiors feature Hermes leather furnishings
- VIP lounges and ground support concierge services
- Inclement weather guarantee backed by Tesla; Gotham Air will pick up guests at their home or office in Manhattan and whisk them to the airport in a sleek Tesla S on rare occasions when the winds are too high or the cloud cover is too low
I can’t wait to try out this service between Manhattan and JFK the next time I’m in NYC, as I think this would be fun to try and for $99, it’s not that bad of a deal.
What are your thoughts about this new helicopter service?