If you haven’t changed your password for your Hilton Honors account between March 12 and March 25, 2015 you need to head over to get the 1,000 points which will also extend the expiration on the points in your account. Pretty sweet deal! Hilton even has a security alert now that pops up at the top alerting you to do this.
Change Your Hilton Honors Password To Extend Points Expiration
Here’s the details on what to do to get your 1,000 bonus points: took me less than 5 minutes.
- How do I change the password on my account?
You can reset or create a password by:
- Visiting www.HHonors.com/Login with your current username or HHonors number and existing password/PIN.
- On the left-hand side, under the My Profile section, click “Personal Information.”
- If you have a password, select “Change Password;” if you do not have a password, select “create username and password.”
- Your new password must be at least eight characters, contain at least one upper case letter, and contain at least one number or one special character.
- Remember to choose a unique password and update it regularly to protect your personal information.
- If you don’t change your password before April 1, 2015, you will be prompted to make this update the next time you attempt to login to your account on or after this date.
- How long will I have to change my password?
In order to avoid any interruptions to your account access, we are asking our members to proactively create their new password as soon as possible. As a thank you, if you proactively update your password between March 12 and March 25, 2015, you’ll receive 1,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points. Please see the Terms & Conditions of the 1,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points offer in answer thirteen below.
- How many Points will I receive by changing my password?
You will receive 1,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points by changing your password between March 12 and March 25, 2015. Please see the Terms & Conditions of the 1,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points offer in answer thirteen below.
- When can I expect to receive my Bonus Points?
If you change your password between March 12 and March 25, 2015, you will receive the 1,000 Bonus Points within six to eight weeks. Please see the Terms & Conditions of the 1,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points offer in answer thirteen below.
- What types of restrictions/regulations are involved with the new password?
Hilton HHonors members’ new passwords will require at least eight characters, at least one upper case letter, and at least one number or one special character. We encourage you to choose a unique password and update it at least every three to six months to ensure maximum security.
- Why is this update taking place?
We are making this update because the ongoing security of our members’ information is of the utmost importance to us, and we are committed to making all HHonors member experiences more safe and secure.
- What other login changes are being implemented?
To protect our members’ accounts, our new login process will lock a user out of your account if you fail to provide the correct credentials after several attempts. Once an account is locked, members can use the reset functionality to send an email to the address on file and follow the instructions to resetting your account.
- How did HHonors decide on the password requirements?
This new approach aligns with industry best practices and is recommended by the FTC.
- When will my PIN number be removed from my account?
The used of a PIN will be discontinued and removed from HHonors accounts on April 1, 2015.
- What happens if I don’t update my PIN by April 1, 2015?
If you do not update your password by April 1, 2015, you will need to choose a new password prior to signing in to your account.
- Will I be prompted to change my password when I login to my HHonors account?
As of April 1, 2015, members who have not updated their account to meet the new password requirements will receive a prompt upon login to update their password.
- Will this change be reflected in the Terms & Conditions?
Yes. The Hilton HHonors Terms and Conditions have been updated to reflect this change.
- What are the Terms to receive the 1,000 Hilton HHonors Bonus Points?
Offer applicable for accounts that have been opened prior to 3/12/2015. Offer valid only for existing HHonors members that create a new password of at least 8 characters, contain at least 1 upper case letter, and contain at least 1 number or 1 special character between 3/12 and 3/25. A member may only achieve one bonus for updating their password during the offer period. Hilton HHonors reserves the right to discontinue the offer at any time without notice to members. Please allow six to eight weeks for Points to appear in your Hilton HHonors™ account.
Hilton HHonors membership, earning of Points & Miles and redemption of points are subject to HHonors Terms & Conditions.
- What if my current password meets the new requirements?
If your current password was created prior to March 12, 2015, you still need to change/update your password by April 1, 2015, following the new guidelines.
- What if I changed my password prior to March 12, 2015? Will I still get the 1,000 Bonus Points?
If your current password was created prior to March 12, 2015, you will need to change your password and make this update by March 25, 2015, to earn the 1,000 Bonus Points.
- If I change my password after March 25, can I still receive the 1,000 Bonus Points?
No, you will only get the 1,000 Bonus Points if you change your password before March 25, 2015. However, you will still be required to update your password by April 1, 2015.
I was waiting to write about this promotion until I could confirm that it was working. Unfortunately, we will have to wait 6-8 weeks for our points to show up to be sure. But, it looks like Hilton Honor’s site has plenty of information on this promotion now, so it looks like it will work.