If you don’t fly often or only use certain airlines once in a while, you have to be careful not to let your account go without activity and therefore have your miles expire! Gasp! In order to keep your AAdvantage miles from expiring, all you need is one qualifying activity every 18 months.
How To Prevent AA Miles From Expiring
Besides flying, you can earn miles when you…
- Buy the miles you need to get your next flight award
- Use an AAdvantage co-brand credit card to make everyday purchases
- Dine out at your favorite restaurants with the AAdvantage DiningSM program
- Shop at the AAdvantage eShopping® mall
- Stay at hotels and rent cars worldwide with Advantage partners
Or you can redeem miles:
- For flights, upgrades, hotel stays, car rentals and more
- By donating miles to a worthy cause
Your miles have value, so make sure that you keep up with your accounts so that your miles don’t expire. Consider doing something small to trigger a qualifying activity if you are trying to save your miles for the long haul. Perhaps you don’t fly on American Airlines very often but, you would like to work towards a free flight once you get enough miles, like Mrs. Weekly Flyer. All you have to do is one of the above every 18 months to keep your account current and your miles from expiring.