Uber is a service that enables you to book a car service with the tap of your finger on your smartphone or mobile device. Depending on which of the hundreds of cities that you are in, you can also get different levels of car service ranging from UberX (a low-cost sedan), UberBlack, UberSUV and more.
A few weeks ago, we wrote about how Uber was offering $5 Uber rides in NYC while the L train was closed, now these are down to just $2.75 per ride.
Score $2.75 Uber Rides in NYC
If you happen to live in New York, you can take advantage of $2.75 rides with their UberPool service, which essentially is a carpool service with other people. As a reminder, you can still book these $2.75 rates right now through may 18th
- Open your app
- Select the uberPOOL option at the bottom of your screen
- You may be matched with another rider going the same way
- Whether or not you’re matched, your fare will cost no more than $2.75
- $2.75 flat rates apply automatically for trips starting and ending along the L Line in the areas highlighted in blue:
- Flat rates will run between 11:30pm on Fridays until 5am on Mondays, from May 8 – May 18
- Surge does not apply to these $2.75 flat rates
- Ride uberPOOL to Williamsburg and show your trip receipt to your server at The Meatball Shop for a free ice cream sandwich with purchase
If you live in New York or will be traveling to NYC, you’ll be able to take advantage of these $5 Uber rides for a limited time. Remember you must select the UberPool option.