United Airlines is a launching an award sale for flights to/from South America for travel between August 19, 2015, and November 30, 2015. MileagePlus members can save 25% off saver awards to Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo, and Santiago, Chile
Take advantage of a Saver Award sale on flights to Brazil and Chile
Now’s the ideal time to discover the best of South America. Whether you choose the exotic beaches of Rio, the cosmopolitan streets of Sao Paulo or the breathtaking Andes Mountains of Chile, United can take you there. Book by November 30, 2015, for travel between August 19, 2015, and November 30, 2015, to take advantage of the discounted rates.
- Enjoy 25% off roundtrip MileagePlus Saver Awards in United Economy
- Book: August 19 – November 30, 2015
- Travel: August 19 – November 30, 2015
- Note: This table shows mileage rates for roundtrip flights. For one-way itineraries, the regular (non-sale) price still applies
As an example, I was able to find an award for 45,000 United MileagePlus miles roundtrip from Houston to Santiago, Chile.
Terms and conditions
- Saver Award discount is only valid for air travel. Promotion period ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on November 30, 2015.
- Offer is valid for travel beginning on or after August 19, 2015, and completed on or before November 30, 2015.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel between the U.S. or Canada (excluding Hawaii) and Brazil or Chile.
- Discounted Saver Award is only valid for roundtrip travel in United Economy®. One-way travel is still priced as a regular, non-discounted Saver Award.
- The 25% discounted Saver Award is available to all MileagePlus members.
- For this offer, “roundtrip” is defined as travel from an origin city to a destination city with return travel ending at the origin city, and with all segments on flights operated by United Airlines. A segment is defined as one takeoff and one landing. Open-jaw itineraries within the same region do qualify for the discount. Stopovers do not qualify for this offer. A booking service charge may apply for travel booked less than 21 days before departure.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Qualifying existing award tickets may be reissued, upon request, to the award sale mileage. They are subject to the award change policy, including any applicable service fees.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees, passenger facility charges (PFCs) of up to $18.00 per roundtrip; September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government-defined stopover, for awards for air transportation originating at an airport in the U.S.; U.S. segment tax of $4.00 for each domestic segment (take-off and landing); U.S. excise tax of $17.70 for each international arrival and departure in the U.S.; U.S. inspection fees of up to $17.50 for each arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $275 per ticket as of January 1, 2015. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change. Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue. Award seats are subject to availability and capacity-control restrictions apply. For more information on MileagePlus award travel visit united.com/awards. Travel on award tickets is not eligible for mileage accrual in United MileagePlus or any other loyalty program.
- This offer is not combinable with other offers.
If you’re looking to go to South America now through November, you may want to check out this sale from United. Report back if you end booking an award!