Southwest Airlines has increased the sign-up bonus on the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, and with this new offer, you can earn 50,000 Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months. This card does carry a $99 annual fee.
- 6,000 Bonus Points after your Cardmember Anniversary.
- Earn unlimited points that don’t expire
- 2 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines and Rapid Rewards Hotel and Car Rental Partner purchases.
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made abroad.
Overall this is a great sign-up bonus and one I’d recommend. If you are a Southwest flyer, then you’ll certainly be able to put 50,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points to use for flights.
Normally this card offers a 25,000 point sign-up bonus, so when they offer an increased offer as they are now, it’s essentially double the regular offer. Several times a year, Southwest tends to offer this increased offer, so if you don’t have this card yet you may want to consider it. Southwest also offers the Southwest Plus card and the Southwest Business Premier card, but neither of those cards are offering this increased offer.
For those interested in the Southwest Companion Pass, which requires 110,000 points to earn, these bonus points from the sign-up bonus generally count toward that requirement, so getting this card would put you almost half-way there.