Earlier this weekend, Hyatt tweeted on their @HyattConcierge Twitter page, that if you’re looking for a new loyalty to program to switch to, after the news about the Starwood and Marriott merger, to reach out to Hyatt via Twitter for a status match.
Initially they were offering complimentary Hyatt Diamond Status for those who were able to send their credentials to them and one stay with SPG. However, I just tried to reach out to them on Twitter and received the following response, of Hyatt offering Platinum status instead.
As a reminder, Benefits of Hyatt Diamond Status Include:
- Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in
- Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
It appears Hyatt is no longer giving Hyatt Diamond Status to SPG members who requested a match, and they are only matching to Hyatt Platinum
Were you lucky enough to be one of the few that got Hyatt Diamond? Feel free to share your experience below.