One of my favorite credit cards in my wallet is my Platinum Card from American Express, which I love for a variety of reasons which include American Express Centurion Lounge Access, Priority Pass Select, and Delta SkyClub Access and the annual $200 airline fee credit which is per calendar year.
The reason now is the best time to get this card is for the $200 airline fee credit since you’ll earn it in 2015 and in 2016 meaning you’ll be $400 in airline fee credits within the first 12 months with just one annual fee payment during that time.
Rundown of other benefits not including the Lounge Access and Airline Fee Credits:
Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can upgrade to Starwood Preferred Guest Gold Status without meeting any stay requirements
- Benefits include an enhanced room at check-in when available and 4 p.m. late Checkouts
- To enroll, call 1-800-525-3355. Use your SPG number when booking at Starwood properties.
Fine Hotels & Resorts
- Enjoy access to complimentary benefits and competitive rates with each Fine Hotels & Resorts booking at over 750 extraordinary properties worldwide.
Premium Global Assist Hotline
- When you travel more than 100 miles from home, you have 24/7 medical, legal, financial or other select emergency coordination and assistance services, including medical and legal referrals, passport replacement, cash wires and more. Card Members may be responsible for the costs charged by third-party service providers.
- Shop with added confidence and Purchase Protection28, which can help protect eligible purchases made with the Platinum Card in the event they are accidentally damaged, stolen, or lost for up to 90 days from the date of purchase. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- Why is it that as soon as a manufacturer’s warranty runs out, something always seems to happen? When you use your American Express Card® for eligible purchases, you can get up to one extra year added to the original manufacturer’s warranty. Applies to warranties of 5 years or less. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
- If you try to return an eligible item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won’t take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling), up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 annually per Card account, if you purchased it entirely with your eligible American Express Card. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.
Platinum Card Concierge
- The Platinum Card Concierge staff is happy to take on those personal tasks so you can have time to do what you want.
- From help with restaurant reservations and special event planning to gift suggestions and research, the Platinum Card® Concierge staff is always prepared to assist you day and night.
The The Platinum Card® from American Express provides a lot of great benefits including Delta Sky Club access (just for the cardholder), Priority Pass Select, Air Space Lounge Access, American Express Centurion Lounge Access, $200 Airline Fee Credit, Global Entry and Starwood Gold Status and now Hilton Gold Status to name a few.