This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Earlier this month, we told you about both the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express and the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express. See each offer below. I would consider both of these cards if you are looking to rack up some Hilton points! With both cards, you have the potential of also attaining Hilton Gold status. So, let’s take a look at the benefits of Hilton Gold Status.
Benefits Of Hilton Gold Status
With the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express you get complimentary Hilton Silver status for as long as you are a cardmember which will give you the ability to get the 5th night free on Hilton award stays. If you spend $20,000 in a calendar year, on the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express you’ll get Hilton Gold status through the end of the next calendar year.
HHonors Gold status
Normally, to achieve status:
To achieve or retain HHonors Gold status, you need to earn either:
(1) 20 stays in a calendar year, or
(2) 40 nights in a calendar year, or
(3) 75,000 HHonors Base Points in a calendar year
Benefits of HHonors Gold status include:
25% ELITE STATUS BONUS
With Gold elite status, you automatically receive a 25% bonus on all the HHonors Base Points you earn.
5TH NIGHT FREE
Silver, Gold and Diamond elite members will receive every 5th night free4 on Standard Room Reward stays of 5 nights or more.
Members with Gold status receive all the benefits in the lower tiers:
- Guaranteed Discount: A discounted, changeable & refundable rate is exclusively available for Hilton HHonors members.
- Digital Check-In: choose your room, and customize your stay from your mobile device up to 24 hours in advance.
- Complimentary in-room and lobby Standard Internet access during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Canopy™ by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™
- Quick reservations and check-ins based on your room preferences
- Late check-out2
- Express check-out
- 2nd Guest stays free3
- Complimentary access to fitness centers and health clubs5
- Two complimentary bottles of water per stay (at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio – A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites Hotels™, Hilton Garden Inn™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™ hotels)1
With both the Hilton Honors™ Surpass® Card from American Express and the Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express, if you are looking to boost your Hilton points balance and to attain Hilton Gold status, you can do so with either card as defined above. What would you use your sign up bonus Hilton Honors points for? See Hilton Award charts here.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.