I literally just received the following email from Hyatt, “Subject: You’ve Achieved Diamond Status Again.” Today I was planning a post about all the great benefits of Hyatt Diamond (some of the most generous benefits around), but there is bigger news today. Via Matthew Klint of Pen and Passport, there look to be some possible changes coming to Hyatt Gold Passport.
Hyatt Congratulations You’re Diamond, Now What?
Rumored changes coming to Hyatt Gold Passport:
- Hyatt Gold Passport is becoming Hyatt World in 2017, (launches on 3/1/17).
- New four tiers: Member, Discoverist, Explorist, and Globalist.
- Qualifying for elite status will be based on nights or base spending with Hyatt.
- 60 nights per year in Hyatt properties for top elite.
- Free parking on award stays for top tier Globalist members.
- New benefit of a free night certificate after 30 nights (hotel categories 1-4) and another certificate given for a free night at any category hotel after 60 nights.
- Globalist elites can be given suites upon availabilty at check-in other than just with confirmed suite upgrades.
- Club access will be included for top tier, but will be limited to four awards for Explorist members.
- Resort fees will continue to be waived on award stays for all members and will also be waived on paid stays for top tier Globalist members.
My Congratulations Email From Hyatt:
Feel free to celebrate another year of Diamond status any way you like. Scream and shout, jump for joy, and continue to enjoy all the elite benefits of Diamond status through February 28, 2018:
• Earn rewards faster with a 30% point bonus, and you’ll be on your way to your next great getaway • Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club® or Grand Club®, featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres • Enjoy a 4 p.m. late checkout, because meetings don’t always end early and sometimes you just want to relax a little longer • Treat yourself to a suite upgrade four times a year on eligible paid stays
This will definitely be interesting to see how this all shakes out. As of right now, there are certainly many unanswered questions. What do you think about these rumored changes?