Uber and American Express have launched a new offer where cardholders can receive two free Uber rides from select airports now through December 31, 2016, (each ride up to $65) by entering promo code AMEXAIRPORT.
Last year, Uber offered a similar promotion, though you had to pick up a voucher at an American Express Centurion Lounge, so this year they’re making it a lot easier to use.
Here’s How This Offer Works
- Enter the code AMEXAIRPORT Open your Uber app and go to the Promotions tab to enter the promo code AMEXAIRPORT.
- Pay with Amex Make sure your American Express Card is linked to your Uber account and selected as your payment method for the ride.
- Enjoy the ride You can take up to a total of 2 rides originating from select airports (see below) before 12/31/16. Your rides will be free, up to $65 each!
Participating Airports include:
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
- Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
If you still haven’t tried Uber yet, you can get a $20 credit on your first ride when you sign up here.
Terms and Conditions: To redeem offer, you must apply the promo code AMEXAIRPORT in the promotions tab of your Uber app prior to requesting the Uber ride. Rides must originate at one of the following airports: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Newark International Airport (EWR), Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA), Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD), Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA), George Bush Intercontinental (IAH), McCarran International Airport (LAS), Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW). This means that you must enter the airport name in the pick-up location in the Uber app when requesting your rides. You must pay for rides with an American Express® Credit or Charge Card; Prepaid Cards not eligible for offer. The discount will not apply to previously taken Uber rides. New and existing Uber users are eligible. Uber will apply discount of up to $65 at the point of sale. Limit 2 discounted rides total per Uber account. If the cost of a ride is less than $65, you will only receive a discount of the cost of a ride and you will not receive the difference between the cost of a ride and $65. If the cost of a ride is more than $65, the remaining balance of the cost will be charged to your Card. The discounted cost of a ride will be displayed on your post-ride email receipt. Fulfillment of this offer is the sole responsibility of Uber. Offer may not be combined with any other offers. If ride is eligible for another promotion that you have added to your Uber account, only the most recently added promotion will be applied to the ride. Enrollment limited. Must complete rides by 12/31/16.