This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
American Express is out with a new increased offer on The Platinum Card® from American Express where you can earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points when you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months. This new offer is publicly available and a nice increase from the 40k points that it was yesterday.
60k Points Offer Amex Platinum Card
As we reported earlier this month there are some New Benefits for Amex Platinum Cardholders as well as a Higher Fee.
Taking a look at the new benefits:
- $200 Uber Credit: Cardholders will receive an annual $200 fee credit for Uber. If you are a Uber user, as long as you link your Platinum Card to your Uber account, you’ll actually get a $15 ride credit each month culminating with a $35 credit each December. This is in addition to being granted Uber VIP status, which can score you the highest Uber drivers.
- 5X Points on Hotels: Similar to the current benefit of earning 5X Points on airfare, you’ll now earn 5X points on hotels, however this is only valid for hotels booked through the amextravel site. In addition, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings do not earn the added points.
- New Metal Card and Complimentary Gold Authorized Users: Taking after the Chase Sapphire Preferred, cardholders will now be issued metal cards with a new design. Additionally, authorized users will receive complimentary Gold cards before requiring a $45 fee.
With all these new perks, there is a caveat, the annual fee will be increasing to $550 annually. Note that all these changes take place on March 30. However, additional Platinum Cards will remain at $175 for up to 3 additional cards.
One of my favorite credit cards in my wallet is my Platinum Card from American Express, which I love for a variety of reasons which include American Express Centurion Lounge Access, Priority Pass Select, and Delta SkyClub Access and the annual $200 airline fee credit which is per calendar year.
The Platinum Card® from American Express is a great card offering a slew of benefits including lounge access to Delta Sky Clubs (when flying the airline), Amex Centurion Lounges, Priority Pass, Airspace and more. Cardholders also get Global Entry fee waivers, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings and more.
The new perks are value added especially the Uber credit if you use Uber. You’re essentially getting an extra $200 of value annually for an additional $100. If you’re a cardholder I wouldn’t go ahead and cancel your card as I do think there is added value here.
- Overview of Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts for Platinum Cardholders
- New Benefit For American Express Platinum Cardholders
- Keeping SPG Gold Status With American Express Platinum Card
- Enroll for Priority Pass Select Access with Amex Platinum Card
- New Amex Business Platinum Card Benefit Coming Soon; Free GoGo Wi-Fi 10/Year
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.