Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time. Terms Apply to Offers.
My go to cards are American Express cards. There are many tremendous benefits associated with many of the Amex card/s I carry in my wallet (think Amex Offers for You.) But, one benefit that I forget about throughout the year is Return Protection.
American Express Return Protection Is A Great Benefit!
What Is Return Protection?
If you try to return an eligible item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won’t take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price (excluding shipping and handling), up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year per Card account, if you purchased it entirely with your eligible American Express® Card. Please read important exclusions and restrictions.‡
How it Works
- File a refund request online or by calling toll free 1-800-297-8019 within 90 days of your purchase. Before you file the request, make sure the merchant will not accept your request to return your item.
- We will review your request. You can check your request status anytime online or by calling 1-800-297-8019.
- If your request is deemed eligible, you may be asked to return the item to American Express. Please keep a copy of the shipping statement, so we can reimburse you for the shipping cost.
- If your request is approved, we will reimburse you for the purchase price of your item, up to $300, plus the cost of shipping the item to American Express.
American Express Cards that Offer Return Protection
- Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Credit Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express
- Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Business Cards from American Express that Offer Return Protection
- The Business Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Look for this benefit in your Amex account:
If you don’t have a card that offers Return Protection and are a big online shopper, you should consider one of the above cards. Keep in mind that the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express offers Return Protection and that they also have a limited time offer available right now. You can read more about that here, Last Week For Increased Delta Sign Ups.