This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Be sure to use your Amex Airline Fee credits now as they reset at the year of the calendar year. This is one of my favorite benefits of both the Platinum Card from American Express, and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN, which offer a variety of perks including access to the American Express Centurion Lounges, a Priority Pass Select membership, and Delta SkyClub Access in addition to the annual $200 airline fee credit.
The American Express Platinum card has a ton of benefits and have even added some new perks this year.
Amex has added the following new benefits to the Amex Platinum card this year:
- $200 Uber Credit: Cardholders will receive an annual $200 fee credit for Uber. If you are a Uber user, as long as you link your Platinum Card to your Uber account, you’ll actually get a $15 ride credit each month culminating with a $35 credit each December. This is in addition to being granted Uber VIP status, which can score you the highest Uber drivers.
- 5X Points on Hotels: Similar to the current benefit of earning 5X Points on airfare, you’ll now earn 5X points on hotels, however this is only valid for hotels booked through the amextravel site. In addition, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings do not earn the added points.
- New Metal Card and Complimentary Gold Authorized Users: Taking after the Chase Sapphire Preferred, cardholders will now be issued metal cards with a new design. Additionally, authorized users will receive complimentary Gold cards before requiring a $45 fee.
One of the reasons I keep this card year after year is for the lounge access you receive with it. Below is brief overview of the lounges you can access as a cardholder.
American Express Centurion Lounges
Centurion Lounges by American Express are my favorite type of lounge within the collection. Locations include Las Vegas, Dallas, New York (LGA), San Francisco, Miami, Seattle, and Houston, Hong Kong and Philadelphia. As a cardholder, you receive access for yourself and up to two guests traveling with you.
We’ve had the opportunity to stop by a few of the Centurion Lounges including:
- Lounge Review: Amex Centurion Lounge San Francisco
- Lounge Review: American Express Centurion Lounge at New York LaGuardia
- Lounge Review: Amex Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas
- Amex Centurion Lounge Dallas Secret Bar Menu
Delta Sky Club Lounges
Cardholders receive access to Delta Sky Clubs when flying Delta and we’ve had the opportunity to check out several of them across the country.
- Lounge Review: Delta Sky Club LAX Terminal 2
- Lounge Review: Delta Sky Club at New York’s JFK Airport
- Lounge Review: Delta Sky Club at SFO
- Feasting at the Delta Sky Club at JFK’s Terminal 4
Priority Pass Lounges
Cardholders receive a Priority Pass Select membership and recently have added the perk that you can bring two accompanying guests for no charge when you visit priority pass lounges. Take a look at the all the lounges part of the Priority Pass program you’re able to visit.
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: KAL Lounge at LAX
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: Plaza Premium Lounge Toronto
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: The Lounge at BOS
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: The Club at ATL
- Priority Pass Lounge Review: The Club at PHX
Card Details: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees
For those with a small business, you’ll want to consider The Business Platinum Card® from American Express OPEN, which also offers the same lounge access perks and airline fee credits as the personal version.
What’s your favorite perk of the American Express Platinum card? Feel free to comment below!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.