American Airlines announced they’d be launching several new routes this year from many of their hub cities, as well as expanding their Shuttle service. New cities that can expect to see the most new routes are Philadelphia (PHL), Charlotte (CLT) , and Dallas (DFW). Other notable new routes include New York (JFK) to Denver; Los Angeles to Flagstaff; Charlotte to Tucson, AZ, and Miami to Savannah, GA.
American has also added recently announced the following additions:
- American Airlines Launches New Service to Canada
- American Airlines Launches Service to Reykjavik, Iceland
- American Airlines Announces New Routes from Philadelphia
- American Airlines Adds New Routes to Europe
Per American Airlines,
American recently announced international service to Budapest, Hungary (BUD); Prague, Czech Republic (PRG); and Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF), starting this summer, and also began selling more than 40 new routes from its nine hubs, including seven routes from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and eight from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). On Jan. 22, the airline will offer the newest additions to its 2018 schedule for travel beginning June 7:
- Three routes from PHL to Fort Wayne, Indiana (FWA); Oklahoma City (OKC); and Pensacola, Florida (PNS)
- New service from both Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) and DFW to Panama City, Florida (ECP) and South Bend, Indiana (SBN)
- Service from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania (AVP)
Beginning April 4, business travelers looking for a consistent, convenient and easy commute will have a new Shuttle product to fly them between New York LaGuardia (LGA) and ORD. American’s Shuttle will offer hourly flights between the two business centers, giving customers additional flexibility and choice, as well as unique travel benefits such as dedicated gates, 15 flights per weekday and complimentary beer and wine in Main Cabin.
American Airlines currently offers shuttle service between New York (LGA) to Boston, and between both New York (LGA) and Boston to DCA.
With this new service, American Airlines will be adding an additional new 52 nonstop routes to their network.
Which new routes are you most excited about? Feel free to share your thoughts below on their latest expansion to their network.