Hilton Honors, the name of Hilton’s new loyalty program announced they would be making some major changes to the program, as they are trying to remain competitive in the marketplace.
Here’s a rundown on what’s changing:
- Gold and Diamond members now receive complimentary Continental breakfast or a food and beverage credit as the new MyWay benefit at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts.
- We are simplifying how you earn Points when you book direct and stay with us. Members will continue to earn 10 points per dollar spent (5 at Home2 Suites by Hilton and Tru by Hilton) and starting April 2018, elite tier bonuses will increase for Silver (20%), Gold (80%) and Diamond (100%) members. This means we are saying goodbye to Earning Style Options, including Points & Miles, and making it easier for Silver, Gold & Diamond members to earn more Points on hotel stays.
- Hilton Honors members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points on every 10th night, once you reach at least 40 nights in a calendar year. It’s not a limited time offer, no registration is required and there is no cap – the more you stay, the more you earn! And on your 60th night per year, you will receive an additional 30,000 Bonus Points.
- Starting this year, Silver, Gold and Diamond members can rollover nights earned beyond their current elite tier requirements to count towards their elite tier status the following year.
- Stay 60 or more nights in a calendar year and you can gift Gold status to your favorite travel partner. Stay 100+ nights and upgrade that gift to Diamond! More details to come.
Overall looking at these changes, there’s nothing that drastic or any sort of major devaluation for elite members.
Adding rollover nights is probably what I’d be most excited about if I was a Hilton Diamond member, as I’m a big fan of Delta allowing rollover miles, so this is a great benefit to see implemented here.
Another new feature I like is that Diamond members can gift elite status to a friend or family member, whether it be Gold for qualifying for Diamond for hitting 100 nights, which is a very lucrative benefit.
If you’re looking to get complimentary Hilton Gold status, The Platinum Card® from American Express offer the status just for having the card, making this the easiest way to receive Hilton Honors Gold Status.
What are your thoughts on these latest changes to the new Hilton Honors program? Feel free to share your thoughts below.