Last week we wrote about Why You Need Transferrable Points Credit Cards In Your Wallet.Chase Ultimate Rewards points are quite valuable and very flexible. As we’ve mentioned, you can easily transfer Chase UR points to many airline and/or hotel partners. Racking up transferrable points is also a good idea because it doesn’t tie you to one partner or one reward program, this giving you more options and protecting you from devaluations in programs.
Transferring Chase UR Points To Partners
Which Partners Can You Transfer To?
Chase Ultimate Rewards Airline Partners:
- Aer Lingus AerClub
- British Airways Executive Club
- Flying Blue Air France KLM
- Iberia Plus
- Korean Air SKYPASS
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer *
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
- United MileagePlus
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
Chase Ultimate Rewards Hotel Partners:
- IHG Rewards Club*
- Marriott Rewards*
- The Ritz-Carlton Rewards*
- World of Hyatt
How Long Does It Take To Make The Transfer?
For the most part transfers into these partners is instant (*there are only a few that it may take up to 2 days for the transfers to take place.)
Does it Cost Money To Transfer?
It does not cost you any money to transfer your Chase UR points into these programs. In general, you will get the most bang for your UR points transferring into airlines vs. hotel partners. Your points never expire.
What Cards Accrue Chase UR Points?
Here are examples of cards that you can check out that accrue UR points.
- The Chase Sapphire Preferred Card,
- Chase Sapphire Reserve℠,
- Ink Business Preferred℠ Credit Card.
As an example, The Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering a sign up bonus of 50,000 bonus points with $4,000 spend in 3 months + 5,000 points after adding an authorized user; the $95 annual fee is waived the first year. That’s $625 value toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®!
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Great travel protection – including, reimbursement up to $10,000 per trip for pre-paid, non-refundable travel expenses and up to $3,000 per passenger for lost luggage.
Accruing and redeeming Chase Ultimate Rewards points are one great way to get big travel for little money. When looking at cards to pick up the The Chase Sapphire Preferred is a good starting option. It comes with a lot of great benefits and earns valuable points that can easily be transferred for big travel!