This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
American Express today announced that they have a new American Express Lounge in the Melbourne Airport (MEL). Consider The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. According to American Express,
Opening today in Terminal 2 at Satellite Level Departures, The American Express Lounge at MEL will offer Card Members a place to relax, refresh and reboot while traveling through Australia.
Amex Opens New Lounge In Melbourne
The Lounge will feature:
- Complimentary food, prepared by Chef Kalesh Kamal, and beverages featuring barista service
- High-speed Wi-Fi, computer and copy facilities
- Flight information screens
- Selection of local and international magazines and newspapers
- Unique design elements including the Plaza Premium Lounge’s abstract ‘honeycomb’ and ‘cabin’, set to parallel cabin seating inside an aircraft and the American Express lounge’s modern aesthetic
- The lounge will be open between the hours of 6 AM to 11 PM, 7 days a week.
The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠
The Platinum Member must present his or her valid American Express Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted.
American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ Programs & Partners
An expanding network of airport lounges, the American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ is dedicated to offering Platinum Card Members more lounge options than any other card on the market*. Platinum Card Members can enjoy access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries and counting, including flagship locations through The Centurion® Lounge and The International American Express lounges.
*Based on comparison with other U.S. credit card programs, as of 11/2016
It’s always good news when there are more lounges for Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders to benefit from.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.