American Express today announced that they have a new American Express Lounge in the Melbourne Airport (MEL). Consider The Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum® Card from American Express. According to American Express,
Opening today in Terminal 2 at Satellite Level Departures, The American Express Lounge at MEL will offer Card Members a place to relax, refresh and reboot while traveling through Australia.
Amex Opens New Lounge In Melbourne
The Lounge will feature:
- Complimentary food, prepared by Chef Kalesh Kamal, and beverages featuring barista service
- High-speed Wi-Fi, computer and copy facilities
- Flight information screens
- Selection of local and international magazines and newspapers
- Unique design elements including the Plaza Premium Lounge’s abstract ‘honeycomb’ and ‘cabin’, set to parallel cabin seating inside an aircraft and the American Express lounge’s modern aesthetic
- The lounge will be open between the hours of 6 AM to 11 PM, 7 days a week.
The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠
The Platinum Member must present his or her valid American Express Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted.
American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ Programs & Partners
An expanding network of airport lounges, the American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ is dedicated to offering Platinum Card Members more lounge options than any other card on the market*. Platinum Card Members can enjoy access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries and counting, including flagship locations through The Centurion® Lounge and The International American Express lounges.
*Based on comparison with other U.S. credit card programs, as of 11/2016
It’s always good news when there are more lounges for Platinum Card® from American Express or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express cardholders to benefit from.