Marriott announced today that, “STARTING IN AUGUST, MARRIOTT REWARDS®, THE RITZ-CARLTON REWARDS® AND STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST®(SPG®) WILL COME TOGETHER AS ONE POWERFUL PROGRAM.” “Individual program names will stay the same until 2019, but we’ll consolidate everything else into one set of benefits to give you easier access and more opportunities.”
New Marriott Rewards Changes Start August
Starting in August, you can combine all your Rewards and SPG nights back to January 1, 2018, to achieve one of our six Elite status levels.
- Silver Elite: 10-24 nights
- Gold Elite: 25-49 nights
- Platinum Elite: 50-74 nights
- Platinum Premier Elite: 75-99 nights
- Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador service: 100+ nights plus $20,000 of qualifying spend
- Starting in August, you’ll be able to qualify instantly for one of our three Lifetime tiers:
Lifetime Silver Elite, Lifetime Gold Elite and Lifetime Platinum Elite.
- Platinum members (and above) will receive complimentary suite upgrades subject to availability at all properties.
- Hotel categories will be announced in June.
There are a lot of changes here to digest but, for the most part it looks pretty good. What are your thoughts or concerns with the merged programs?