This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
JetBlue Airways plans for some major updates with their A320 fleet, when it comes to the cabin interior as well as the in-flight entertainment, which have seen the same seats and setback TV’s since 2000, almost 20 years!
However, that’s all about to change as JetBlue will be updating the Airbus A320 aircraft in two phases to help modernize the interiors of this fleet including adding new LED lighting, larger HD touchscreen seat back displays, in-seat power outlets and more.
Here’s a look at what JetBlue will doing with their A320 fleet:
- Expanded seat width offers more than 18 inches, the widest available for the A320.
- The most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (a).
- Enhanced cushion comfort.
- Adjustable headrests, a new feature for JetBlue’s A320.
- Contoured seatback design at knee level creates additional living space for every customer.
- Redesigned seatback stowage options, including an innovative elastic grid to accommodate a variety of customer items.
- At least two easily-accessible and repositioned power connections at every seat.
Also in 2019, JetBlue will build on its reputation as an industry leader in inflight entertainment options with Thales AVANT and ViaSat-2 connectivity. With this system, JetBlue will offer customers aboard its restyled A320s expanded entertainment choices in nearly every region the airline flies.
- 10.1 inch, 1080P high definition screen at every seat.
- More than 100 channels of live television.
- Expanded collection of on demand movies, TV shows and video content, plus new gaming features.
- Destination-specific content allowing customers to enhance their travel experience.
- Picture-in-picture function.
- Enhanced, 3D flight map offering multiple ways to track time to destination.
- NFC paining turning personal handheld devices into remotes or gaming controllers.
- Expanded Fly-Fi connectivity, providing coverage to nearly the entire JetBlue network.
Essentially, Virgin America has died and JetBlue is trying to capture those customers by adding many characteristics of the Virgin flight experience to JetBlue including LED lighting, and new touch-screen seat back displays.
What are your thoughts on JetBlue’s A320 modifications coming later this year and in 2019? Feel free to share your thoughts below!
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.