Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time. Terms Apply to Offers.
JetBlue announced today some changes that include adding new routes and discontinuing service to other routes that are “underperforming.” Let’s take a look at the schedule changes.
JetBlue Adding These New Routes
We’re excited to share that this reallocation of service will result in a new JetBlue city in Ecuador, new routes between current JetBlue cities, and more flights on two dozen of our most popular routes. To free up aircraft for the introduction of the new flying, we’ve also had to make the difficult decision to reduce certain underperforming routes.
- Boston and Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC)
- Fort Lauderdale and Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Fort Lauderdale and St. Maarten’s Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM) (a)
- Providence’s T. F. Green International Airport (PVD) and Palm Beach International Airport (PBI)
Seats on all four new routes are on sale today.
We are excited to launch new service at Guayaquil, Ecuador’s José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport (GYE) with daily flights from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) beginning in the first quarter of 2019 (a). Guayaquil will be our second city in Ecuador – Quito launched in 2016 – and the sixth JetBlue city in South America overall. Seats will go out for sale in the coming weeks.
Making Valuable Aircraft Time Available By Reducing Underperforming Flying
To support new city and multi-route expansions, while increasing service in the strongest parts of our network, we’ve made the difficult decision to reduce flights in some existing markets. Effective January 8, 2019, JetBlue will eliminate service in:
- Daytona Beach International Airport (DAB)
- St. Croix’s Henry E. Rohlsen Airport (STX)
- Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
JetBlue is ending service between the following routes on 1/8:
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Detroit (DTW)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Baltimore (BWI)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Long Beach, CA (LGB)
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Pittsburgh (PIT)
- San Juan (SJU) and Santiago (STI)
- Orlando (MCO) and Baltimore (BWI)
Will any of these changes impact your travel plans?
HT: JetBlue Blog