Continuing on the news that Delta announced they’ve rolled out their Pre-Select Meal option to include all international and domestic Delta One routes effective December 6, 2018, Delta will now be rolling out Pre-Select Meal options on all domestic First Class flights as of February 7, 2019, where a meal choice is offered.
Here’s some more details on the new pre-select meal option on Delta:
- Delta pre-select will be offered on all Delta Air Lines mainline aircraft offering First Class meals. Delta connection flights will not be part of this program initially
- With this update, pre-select flights will now include the Continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Caribbean, and Latin America markets
- You must be confirmed in first class at least 3 days prior to departure to be eligible to pre-select a meal
- In order to participate, you must have a valid email address attached to your reservation when you book. SkyMiles members can upgrade their emails in their SkyMiles account online
- You’ll be able to choose your entrée up until 24 hours prior to departure
- Medallions upgraded less than 3 days out, including at the gate, will be able to choose meals onboard as they do today
- If you same day confirm or change your flight, the meal choice does not carry over to the new flight
Overall, being able to pre-select your meal is a great feature as it ensures that you’ll get your first choice in meal selection, and that allows for the right amount of each meal to be catered properly for these flights. Last reported, over 50% of eligible passengers have been pre-selecting their meals prior to flight, and I’m willing to bet that this number will continue to grow.
It’s great to see the expansion of Pre-Select. I would love and will be willing to bet, that Delta will add technology updates for customers to be able to pre-select meals in the Fly Delta app at a later date.
Have you taken advantage of Delta’s pre-select meal option before on any of their flights? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.