Southwest Airlines announced a few new seasonal routes across the U.S. as well as bringing back some other seasonal nonstop flights.
With this announcement, their new schedule is also posted, which means customers can book flights now through Oct. 1, 2019. However, Southwest Airlines still hasn’t started to sell flights to Hawaii, which is partially due to aircraft certification needed for these over-water flights, so we continue to wait on any major route announcements.
Here’s a look at some of the routes being added/discontinued:
New Nonstop Seasonal Service
Effective Saturday, Aug. 10, 2019, the carrier will add Saturday-only service between DallasLove Field and Corpus Christi. Additionally, the carrier is adding service on Saturdays and Sundays between Richmond, Virginia and Tampa,Florida.
Returning Nonstop Seasonal Service
The carrier today also announced the return of previously-operated seasonal service beginning Aug. 10, 2019, on Saturdays between:
- Hartford, Conn. and Fort Lauderdale
- Buffalo and Fort Lauderdale
- Boise and Chicago Midway
- Newark and Orlando
- Richmond and Orlando
- Milwaukee and Seattle
Southwest’s seasonal weekend service between Des Moines and Phoenixwill also once again be offered beginning Aug. 10, 2019.
Also check out other recent Southwest Airlines route announcements:
- Southwest Airlines Announces New Routes from Nashville and More
- Southwest Airlines Launches Several New Routes
- Southwest Airlines Expands at NYC LaGuardia (LGA) and Reagan (DCA) and More
- Southwest Airlines Expands at Dallas Love Field (DAL) and Exciting Route News
- Southwest Airlines Hawaii Update; Plans to Sell Flights Soon
If you’re looking to redeem Rapid Rewards points for these flights, remember Southwest is a transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards if you need to transfer over some points.
What are your thoughts on these latest route announcements from Southwest? Feel free to share below.