JetBlue has revealed the new cabin interiors of their A320 aircraft, which hasn’t seen a retrofit since 2000. These planes were in a need of a revamp, so I’m pleased to see JetBlue taking the initiative to invest in these aircraft.
However, it’s not all comestic, as these new planes will increase seating from 150 seats to 162 seats, as the airline attempts to cram 2 more rows of seats onboard. Per FAA requirements, flight attendant staffing will increase from 3 to 4 flight attendants with this change as well.
JetBlue offers a great product with their A321 aircraft that have Mint, however their A320 and E190 are still showing their age. JetBlue has no plans to update their E190 aircraft at this time.
In 2019, JetBlue will outfit its A320 aircraft with the Collins Meridian seat, customized for the airline’s needs and featuring a number of design elements with customer comfort in mind:
- Expanded seat width of more than 18 inches, the widest available for the A320.
- The most legroom in coach of any U.S. airline (a).
- Enhanced cushion comfort.
- Adjustable headrests, a new feature for JetBlue’s A320.
- Contoured seatback design at knee level creating additional living space for every customer.
- Redesigned seatback stowage options, including an innovative elastic grid to accommodate a variety of customer items.
- At least two easy-to-reach power connections at every seat.
Additionally, we’ll see the following in-flight entertainment updates:
- 10.1 inch, 1080P high definition screen at every seat.
- More than 100 channels of live television with DVR-like pause and rewind functionality.
- Expanded collection of on demand movies, TV shows and video content, plus new gaming features.
- Destination-specific content allowing customers to enhance their travel experience.
- Picture-in-picture function
- Enhanced, 3D flight map offering multiple ways to track time to destination.
- Personal handheld device pairing capabilities for use as a remote or gaming controller.
- Expanded Fly-Fi connectivity, providing coverage to nearly the entire JetBlue network.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below about the new A320 interiors.