Last year Amex added $100 in statement credits at Saks 5th Avenue! Cardmembers, get ready to shop! The first $50 benefit is available for cardholders in the first half of the year, ending in June. Don’t forget to use yours before the end of the end of June!
One of my favorite credit cards in my wallet is my Platinum Card from American Express, which I love for a variety of reasons which include American Express Centurion Lounge Access, Priority Pass Select, and Delta SkyClub Access and the annual $200 airline fee credit which is per calendar year.
Don’t Forget To Use Your $50 Saks Credit By End Of June (Platinum Amex)
Details on the addition of $100 in Saks 5th Avenue credits:
- Personal versions of Amex Platinum
- One $50 credit will be available each January through June,
- A second $50 will be available in the second half of the year.
- Card Details: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- You will have to register for this here.
The American Express Platinum card has a ton of benefits and had added some new perks last year:
Amex has added the following new benefits to the Amex Platinum card:
- $200 Uber Credit: Cardholders will receive an annual $200 fee credit for Uber.
- 5X Points on Hotels: Similar to the current benefit of earning 5X Points on airfare, you’ll now earn 5X points on hotels, however this is only valid for hotels booked through the amextravel site. In addition, Fine Hotels and Resorts bookings do not earn the added points.
- New Metal Card and Complimentary Gold Authorized Users: Taking after the Chase Sapphire Preferred, cardholders will now be issued metal cards with a new design.
One of the reasons I keep this card year after year is for the lounge access you receive with it. Below is brief overview of the lounges you can access as a cardholder.
American Express Centurion Lounges
Centurion Lounges by American Express are my favorite type of lounge within the collection. Locations include Las Vegas, Dallas, New York (LGA), San Francisco, Miami, Seattle, and Houston, with Hong Kong and Philadelphia. As a cardholder, you receive access for yourself and up to two guests traveling with you.
We’ve had the opportunity to stop by a few of the Centurion Lounges including:
- Lounge Review: Amex Centurion Lounge San Francisco
- Lounge Review: American Express Centurion Lounge at New York LaGuardia
- Lounge Review: Amex Centurion Lounge in Las Vegas
- Amex Centurion Lounge Dallas Secret Bar Menu
The Platinum card is loaded with a bunch of perks and has a great offer, making it a great card to get. There were already plenty of benefits to the The Platinum Card® from American Express and now there will be a new one!