One of my favorite travel perks is having access to the American Express Centurion Lounges which are operated by American Express.
Today, American Express (NYSE: AXP) and MAG USA announced joint plans to bring two new lounge locations, The Centurion Lounge and the Escape Lounge, to Terminal 4 within the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) in the coming months.
First Look At New Centurion Lounge Phoenix (PHX)
Access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary for global Platinum Card® and Centurion®Members. Both cardholders of the Platinum Card® from American Express, and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express are able to access the lounge and can bring in two guests with them each time. See more American Express Platinum Benefits Overview here.
Per American Express,
The Centurion Lounge at PHX
Access to The Centurion Lounge is complimentary and exclusive for Platinum Card and Centurion Members. The Centurion Lounge at PHX will feature a curated mix of The Centurion Lounge’s signature amenities as well as locally-inspired offerings, including:
- Full premium bar with specialty cocktails developed by Centurion Lounge mixologist Jim Meehan, and wines handpicked by Centurion Lounge wine director Anthony Giglio, including seasonal wine flights*
- Fresh, locally-inspired cuisine
- Semi-private and dedicated work areas
- On-site American Express Member Services Professionals to assist Card Members with Card account requests and travel-related inquiries
The Escape Lounge at PHX
As the exclusive partner for Escape Lounges, American Express Platinum Card and Centurion Members receive complimentary access to the Escape Lounge as part of the access provided through the American Express Global Lounge Collection. Access is also available to all airport travelers for a fee. The new Escape Lounge coming to the PHX airport will offer visitors premium amenities including:
- Unique Phoenix-inspired cocktails courtesy of head mixologist Sarah McElroy*
- Local chef-curated menu featuring premium food options and seasonal changes
- Local wines, beers and spirits, coffee, and espresso*
- Silent digital library, with noise cancelling Bose headphones and free access to over 7,000 publications from over 120+ countries courtesy of PressReader
- Children activity packs, including Escape Lounge’s Kids Crew puzzles, coloring book and crayons
The Centurion Lounge and Escape Lounge will also both feature flight information display, high speed Wi-Fi, newspapers and magazines, showers, charging stations, television service, and business services.
Traveling can be a lot more fun if you have a fantastic lounge to hang out in with free food and beverage. I think that the Centurion Lounges are amazing and they keep adding more! If you want to gain access to them this year, consider picking up the Platinum Card® from American Express, or The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
HT: American Express