Martini Review of the Week:
It’s Saturday and it’s time for the Martini Review of the Week. Take a look at this week’s top news, deals, and reviews below.
Southwest Airlines has made two major announcements today as they’ve reported their second quarter earnings. The first is that the airline will be leaving Newark Liberty International Airport effective November 3, 2019. The airline is blaming poor financial results at EWR, and they’ve determined they can more effectively serve New York through one airport.
- Southwest Airlines Leaving Newark, Hawaii Expansion
- New Grand Hyatt Hotel In Vail, Colorado
- United Airlines Adds 5th Daily Flight from Newark to London
- Transitioning Brands: Sheraton Park City (Previously Marriott)
- New Increased Hilton Card Offers!
Hyatt just announced the new opening of the 285 room Grand Hyatt Vail, which was previously the Hotel Talisa part of Marriotts’ Luxury Collection. The hotel was recently renovated in 2018, so with Hyatt’s takeover it’s unlikely that we’ll see any major changes except for some branding.
- Amex Travel Earn 6K Membership Rewards Points Bonus
- Earn 2,000 Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Bonus Miles
- Earn 30,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards Points with Turo
- Amazon $3 Credit Kindle Books
- UberEats New Promo Code 22% Off!
- Delta SkyMiles New Flash Award Sale
- Delta Deal Alert Flights To Asia From 40K Miles
- Hyatt 40% Bonus On Points
- United Airlines 2,500 Bonus Miles Offer
- Amex Staples Offers For You
Amsterdam is Delta’s largest hub in Europe, so I was excited to finally fly here from New York’s John F. Kennedy this summer. Delta offers 2 daily flights between New York’s John F. Kennedy and Amsterdam complementing KLM’s three daily flights. Additionally, Norwegian Air Shuttle also offers service as well. See our Flight Review: Delta One Business Class JFK – Amsterdam
Drink of the Week:
- Double Whiskey Ginger
Please feel free to comment below with any questions or feedback on any of these posts!