Earlier this year American Express acquired the restaurant reservation company Resy, as they look to add new benefits for their members. Overall, I think this is a great partnership as I could see preferred dining times offered for Amex Platinum and Centurion cardholders, bonus Membership Rewards points at Resy restaurants and more.
To kick things off, American Express has launched their first offer where if you make a reservation at Resy restaurants nationwide from August 15 – September 30, 2019, you’ll receive 500 Membership Rewards points, up to 3 times.
Here’s how to earn Membership Rewards points on your Resy dining experiences:
- Find and book your reservation(s) on Resy.com or the Resy app
- Add your American Express® Membership Rewards enrolled Card to your Resy wallet before you dine
- Book and dine between August 15 – September 30, 2019 and receive additional points for up to 3 bookings
How do I add my payment info to my Resy account?
To add your eligible American Express Card to your Resy account, simply follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Resy account, via the Resy app or Resy.com.
- Go to your profile (select Settings if using the Resy app).
- Click into the “Payment” section.
- Click “Add credit card.”
- Enter your eligible American Express Card information.
Keep in mind existing reservations booked during this time don’t count, so you’ll need to cancel and rebook starting August 15th if you wish to have any previously booked reservation each you the points. Bonus points should post to your Membership Rewards account within 6-8 weeks of dining.
It’s nice to see American Express launch their first Membership Rewards earning promotion with Rest, as I look forward to more promotions in the future post-acquisition.
Do you plan on taking advantage of this offer from American Express and Resy? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Hat Tip: View from the Wing