Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards offers a very easy status match for those interested in matching to A-List Status with the airline. You can head over to their status match site, where you’ll then be able to email the airline a screenshot of current elite status with a U.S. based carrier.
If successful, you’ll receive Southwest Airlines A-List status for 90 days, and if you wish to keep the status for 12 months, you’ll need to fly fly three roundtrips (or six one-ways) during that time.
Here’s How It Works:
- Sign up for Rapid Rewards®
- If you’re not already a Member, join Rapid Rewards – the loyalty program with the best reward seat availability***.
- Email your information
- Click below and provide the information requested in the email to find out if you qualify for this promotion.
- Are you using an in-browser email client? If so, see option 2 below.
- Extend your promotional A-List Status
- Provided you qualify for this promotion, promotional A-List status can be extended for an additional 12 months by simply flying three round trip qualifying flights, or six one-way qualifying flights, booked and flown within 90 days of your enrollment date.
I decided to test this out and sent an email with my name, Rapid Rewards account information and a screenshot of my Delta Platinum Medallion status. Within 24 hours, I received a response back and my account immediately reflected the A-List status.
What’s interesting is the expiration shows 2/29/20, which is almost 4 months instead of the 90 days that’s advertised. It appears that you’re matched to the end of the 3rd month, meaning you will get at least 90 days or in my case almost 120 days of the status.
Additionally, the status match doesn’t apply if you’ve received promotional A-List status in any other promotion in the last 12 months, meaning it seems like you can do this multiple times unlike some airlines which limit once per account.
Have you status matched to Southwest Airlines before? Feel free to share your experience in the comments below.