Delta has announced the latest update in their Fly Delta App, where Medallions will now be able to have more control in Comfort+ upgrade preferences for each trip. The new preferences only apply when you’re traveling alone and apply to Silver, Gold, Platinum, and Diamond Medallions confirmed in the Main Cabin at time of check-in.
As a reminder, Platinum and Diamond Medallions are eligible to select Comfort+ seats at time of booking, so in reality it will be Silver and Gold Medallions who will be most likely to use this, however on popular routes, for high level Medallions who book last minute, there are times where Comfort+ is already full.
Delta Comfort+ Upgrade Preferences for Medallions:
- Find your reservation in My Trips at delta.com or in the Fly Delta app (make sure you’ve downloaded the latest version of the Fly Delta app).
- Request a Delta Comfort+ Upgrade and check the “Upgrade Preferences” box.
- Then, check both boxes for “Request upgrade” and “Only upgrade if my Seat Preferences are available.”
- Select your Preferences: aisle, middle or window.
- If you would like to apply your Seat Preferences to all segments in your trip, click “Apply to All Segments of the Trip.”
- Confirm your Seat Preferences. Once your Preferences are set, you will be upgraded to Delta Comfort+ for your upcoming flight if your selected Seat Preferences are available.
For now, the new Seat Preferences are only available when you are traveling alone on a Delta-operated flight (a flight on a Delta aircraft). In addition, Seat Preferences cannot be updated or changed once checked-in for a flight.
What are your thoughts on Delta rolling out expanded preferences for Medallions to choose their Comfort+ upgrades? Feel free to leave a comment below.