United Airlines has announced their latest status match for 2020, which is referred to as the MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge. If you currently have elite status with another airline, your account will be upgraded for 90 days to Premier Silver, Premier Gold or Premier Platinum status based on the level you hold in your current frequent flyer program.
If you are successful with the challenge, you’ll earn Premier status through January 2021. However if you complete the challenge after July 1, 2020, you’l earn Premier Status through January 2022, so keep that in mind before signing up.
How To Participate in United’s Status Match Challenge:
To be considered for Premier status through this promotion, complete this MileagePlus Premier Status Match Challenge form.
United offers the status match challenge for Delta Air Lines Silver, Gold, and Platinum Medallion members as well as American Airlines AAdvantage Gold, Platinum, and Platinum Pro members.
- MileagePlus account number (If you are not yet a member, join today.)
- Valid email address on your MileagePlus account
- Copy of your most recent mileage summary or 2020 membership card for the frequent flyer program you are matching from. It must clearly identify your name, current elite status, including your status expiration date or validity period, which should be valid through the duration of the current calendar year. (Please note that many digital frequent flyer program membership cards do not include an expiration date.)
Note, offer is not valid for members who have participated in the MileagePlus status match program or received a Premier Status exception within the last 5 years.
To earn United Premier Silver through January 2021:
- Fly 4 PQF and earn 1,000 PQP on flights operated by United or United Express
- Fly 6 PQF and earn 2,000 PQP on flights operated by United or United Express
- Fly 10 PQF and earn 3,000 PQP on flights operated by United or United Express
One point to note for those who earn Premier Platinum through the challenge, you will be awarded 20 PlusPoints, which will be credited to your account within 7-10 business days. Premier members can earn 40 PlusPoints upon meeting all standard published qualification requirements of Premier Platinum status and 280 PlusPoints upon meeting all the standard published qualification requirements of Premier 1K.
Delta Air Lines offers a similar challenge which we’ve covered: Delta SkyMiles Medallion Status Challenge
Do you have plans to submit a United status match challenge? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below on your strategy.