Marriott Bonvoy allows members to share points between their accounts through their Points Sharing option. There’s limited information about this program on their site, however if you’re interested in transferring points to a friend/family member you can do so over the phone by calling Member Support at (801) 468-4000.
Some basic rules about this is you can transfer 100,000 Marriott Bonvoy points out of your account each year. However if you’re on the receiving end you can receive 500,000 Marriott Bonvoy points annually, so essentially you can have 5 people transfer you the max 100,000 points.
There’s a $10 fee to each transfer however if you have Gold Elite status or higher and are transferring the points the fee will be waived.
Overview of Marriott Points Sharing:
- Ability of members to transfer / receive points to and from friends and family accounts.
- Min and Max limits: 1,000 point minimum transfers with a maximum of 100K transfers out of any account per year. Sharing maximum is 500K for recipients.
- Members must contact the customer care center to initiate transfer.
- Members’ accounts must be at least 30 days old to participate.
- Ambassador Elite, Titanium Elite, Platinum Elite and Gold Elite members will not be charged a fee. Silver Elite and members will be charged a nominal transaction fee of $10 for every transfer regardless of the number of points transferred.
If you’re looking for more Marriott Bonvoy points, Marriott is a 1:1 transfer partner of Chase Ultimate Rewards, and Marriott is a 1:1 transfer partner of American Express Membership Rewards.
Have you transferred points to another Marriott Bonvoy member before? Feel free to share your experience in the comments below.