It’s been six months since the American Express Centurion Lounges closed due to the pandemic. There’s good news on the horizon as American Express plains to start reopening its lounges starting on October 5, 2020.
The first lounges that will reopen will be the Centurion Lounge – Seattle-Tacoma and the Centurion Lounge – Philadelphia International. American Express hasn’t mentioned why these two will open first whether they’re looking to test out opening procedures or if they expect these two to have the highest demand.
You’ll find the following changes at the Centurion Lounges upon reopening:
- Check into The Centurion Lounge through the American Express Mobile App in a few simple steps
- After completing Mobile Check-In, please show your ID and boarding pass at reception.
- We’ll adhere to guidance from state and local governments and health authorities and limit the capacity within each lounge.
- With our new policy, we have configured our seating arrangements to allow for social distancing in the lounge. Our Membership Services Professionals will help guide you to available seating.
- Our premium food offerings will still be available, but in pre-portioned plates at food areas throughout the lounge, served by American Express Representatives.
- Our premium bar experience will be available with our full wine offering. A shorter cocktail menu featuring each location’s most popular drinks will be available to reduce wait times and allow social distancing
- Exhale spa services will be available in select lounges. Offerings will be limited to non-practitioner treatments, including Theragun massages and digital meditations. Equipment and treatment areas will be sanitized between every appointment.
- The showers are currently closed until further notice.
- Wearing a face covering is required to enter the lounge. Our employees will wear face coverings at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout each lounge.
- We’ll continue to prioritize our high standards of cleanliness, and will have increased frequency of cleaning by our designated Cleaning Ambassadors.
As a reminder cardholders of the Platinum Card® from American Express, and The Business Platinum Card® from American Express are able to access the Centurion Lounges and can bring in two guests with them each time. You can view more about the Amex Global Lounge Collection Overview for Platinum Cardholders.
We’ve had the opportunity to stop by a few of the Centurion Lounges including:
- American Express Centurion Lounge Hong Kong Review
- Lounge Review: Amex Centurion Lounge San Francisco
- American Express Centurion Lounge Las Vegas Review
- Lounge Review: American Express Centurion Lounge at New York LaGuardia
- Amex Centurion Lounge Dallas Secret Bar Menu
- Lounge Review: American Express Centurion Lounge Seattle
What are your thoughts on Centurion Lounges starting to reopen? Feel free to share your thoughts below.