This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
A reader successfully received a status match to Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) Gold. After we exchanged several emails the reader followed a few simple steps and was able to secure a status match to SPG gold status. In the past I’ve also had success with Fast Track to Hilton Honors Diamond status.
Six Easy Steps
- Determine the target program where you would like to a status match
- Evaluate status levels and determine what is a reasonable request for the program to match
- Call the hotel’s loyalty program number and ask what options they have for you to accelerate status
- Be sure to tell the loyalty program why you are interested in their program
- Provide evidence of your equivalent loyalty status
- Fulfill any other requirements they have to complete the status match or challenge
A reader had a great experience obtaining a status match to SPG Gold from Hyatt Diamond status. Starwood was not willing to provide a status match at first, but once she expressed her interest to switch her upcoming stays over to an SPG hotel, demonstrated her past program and SPG Amex card loyalty, they were willing to grant her SPG Gold status.
Obtaining a status match or challenge is not always a sure thing, and the status match may not always be to the equivalent level. But if you are genuine with your loyalty program interest, the match or challenge can be a win win for the customer and the program.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.