This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
In the past I’ve posted successes with a status match or challenge to other programs including:
- Fast Track to Hilton Honors Diamond
- Starwood Preferred Status Match To Gold
- Continental Status Match To Platinum
Six Easy Steps To Status Match Or Challenge
- Determine the target program where you would like to a status match or challenge
- Evaluate status levels and determine what is a reasonable request for the program to match
- Call the hotel’s loyalty program number and ask what options they have for you to accelerate status
- Be sure to tell the loyalty program why you are interested in their program
- Provide evidence of your equivalent loyalty status
- Fulfill any other requirements they have to complete the status match or challenge
Kathy called up Priority Club, submitted her Hyatt status statement, and her status upgrade was immediately matched to Platinum while she was on the phone. She is now able to experience the following benefits while staying at Priority Club hotels.
Priority Club Platinum Elite
- All Gold elite benefits plus:
- Complimentary room upgrades (subject to availability)
- Guaranteed room availability (72 hours in advance)**
- 50% bonus in base points
- Exclusive toll-free Platinum Elite customer service number (may not be available in all regions)
- Re-qualify by staying 50 or more nights or earning 60,000 points
- All Club benefits plus:
- Priority Check-in™ ensuring your room and key are ready upon your arrival
- 10% bonus on base points
- Exclusive toll-free Gold Elite customer service number (may not be available in all regions)
- Re-qualify by staying 15-49 nights or earning 20,000 points
- Extended check-out (may not be available in all regions)
- Weekday newspaper (may not be available in all regions)
- Transfer points between member accounts
- Re-qualify by staying up to 14 nights
Priority Club is a great program for earning and burning. They have some truly amazing hotels in their chains, like the InterContinental Bora Bora Thalasso. By following a few simple steps to request a status match, Kathy was able to increase her point earning by 50% and experience all of the other benefits associated with Platinum status.
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.