Earlier this week I shared how to improve your chances of receiving targeted offers from American Express. Then I shared a 1,500 targeted offer which was trumped by a 5,000 and 10,000 targeted offer for the same service. Luckily, I hadn’t submitted for the 1,500 targeted offer yet, and I submitted for the 10,000 targeted offer instead. We’ll see if the 10,000 targeted offer for the Extended Payment option works.
100,000 Business Platinum American Express
In the mean time, I’ve received another round of two 100,000 offers for the Business Platinum Card from American Express OPEN. The new 100,000 offer signifies a new targeted campaign which I’ll share the details below.
- Increase Chances For Targeted Offers By Opting-In For Promotional Offers
- 1,500 Bonus Points For Opting-In to the Extended Payment Option
- Targeted Offers for Business Platinum American Express
Targeted 100,000 Business Platinum Card Offer Details
The targeted offer provides 100,000 Membership Rewards points by spending $10,000 on the new card within the first 3 months of obtaining the card. Applications must be received and approved by July 12, 2013.
If you have a targeted offer, simply call 800-971-6736 or visit open.com/getplatinum and provide your personal RSVP code contained in the offer. Bonus offer code A3WU was referenced in the offer as well.
The worst part about receiving these offers is that I cannot qualify for the 100,000 bonus since I’ve had the Business Gold (and other Platinum Cards) in the last 12 months. The terms and conditions specifically disqualifies some with the following statement:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product or any other Business Gold or Green Card account within the last 12 months.
Still, it’s good to know that these targeted offers are out there at the moment. So if you haven’t already done so, check your mail box and make sure your settings are set to receive targeted offers from American Express.
Don’t Ignore Big Bonus 50,000 Offers Which Can Save Big Money In Fees
Other credit cards with seemingly lower bonus offers can still add value and save a ton of money in fees. For example, the Ink Plus® Business Card and Ink Bold® Business Card both come with a very nice 50,000 point bonus offer.
There are some benefits to this card over the others with higher fees and bonuses including:
- The spend requirements on the Ink Plus® Business Card and Ink Bold® Business Card is HALF of the targeted offer mentioned above
- Ink Plus® Business Card and Ink Bold® Business Cards only require $5,000 in spending to receive the 50,000 point bonus. With the other card mentioned above, you’d need to spend $10,000 to get double the bonus.
- The annual fees on the Ink Plus® Business Card and Ink Bold® Business Cardare complimentary for the first year and only $95 each year after the first year of card membership
- That is a $450 savings in the first year and a $355 savings for each subsequent year. With the other card mentioned above, you’d pay $450 in fees in the first year and each subsequent year. Granted, the $450 fee card comes with other benefits like a $200 airline credit and $100 credit towards global entry as well as lounge access.
- Lastly, the if you have received the 50,000 bonus from the Ink Plus® Business Card and Ink Bold® Business Cardyou can still receive the 50,000 bonus point offer from the other one.
- So for zero cost in first year annual fees, you can get a 100,000 bonus from both cards with the same minimum spending requirement!
- With the targeted offer mentioned above, you can’t even receive this bonus if you’ve received a bonus from any of the other American Express products like the Gold or Green cards within the last 12 months. Which sadly, even though I was targeted, I cannot use the offer since I received a large bonus for the Gold card within the last 12 months.
Then there are the different transfer partners for the Chase Ultimate Rewards program which include great partners like Hyatt, Korean Air, and others.
Consider yourself lucky enough to get targeted for the 100,000 American Express Membership Reward point offer. If not, there are always other high bonus offers for credit cards (like the Ink Bold® Business Card and Ink Plus® Business Card) that have flexible point programs. These other cards may offer lower fees and different transfer partners.
Points, Miles & Martinis will earn a small referral credit for successful applications through the links in this post. As always we appreciate any support for the blog.