This post may contain affiliate links from our advertising partners, such as American Express. Read my Advertiser Disclosure policy here.
Some of the offers below may have expired or are unavailable on our site at this time.
Points, Miles & Martinis loves Hyatt. Not just because of the well known luxury feel of the Park Hyatt properties (and more secret ones) but also the Hyatt Gold Passport benefits for Diamond members. From Diamond breakfast, club lounge access, to late check-out we love all the benefits. But one of the benefits stands out in terms of value to us in the program. The Hyatt suite upgrade at time of booking.
Hyatt Diamond Benefits
- Achieve rewards even faster with a 30% point bonus when choosing points
- Enjoy the best room available upon arrival, excluding suites
- Receive exclusive access to the Regency Club or Grand Club lounge featuring complimentary continental breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. Enjoy daily complimentary full breakfast in hotels without a club lounge
- Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights
- Receive a special welcome point bonus or food and beverage amenity during each stay
- Receive a nightly room refresh
- Receive the confirmed bed type at check-in
- Stay connected with complimentary in-room Internet access
- Expedite check-in at a dedicated area for elite members
- Ensure a room is always available with our 48-hour guarantee
- Extend your stay until 4:00 p.m. with a late check out request
- Book reservations through an exclusive Diamond line
Confirmed Suite Upgrade At Time Of Reservation
My favorite Hyatt Diamond status benefit is the confirmed suite upgrade at time of booking.
Treat yourself to a suite upgrade at the time of reservation four times annually on eligible paid nights.
Hyatt Gold Passport members who achieve Diamond status after staying 50 nights or 25 stays are awarded 4 suite upgrades. These suite upgrades are available for use on paid stays up to a maximum of 7 consecutive nights at participating hotels. That’s up to 28 confirmed nights in a suite each year.
These suite upgrades can be confirmed at the time of booking by calling the Hyatt Diamond line and requesting the upgrade be applied. I’ve found the process to be simple and I generally have very little trouble finding dates when the suite upgrades are available.
Suite Upgrade Terms & Conditions
Suite upgrade is valid on paid nights, for a maximum of 7 consecutive nights; excludes Hyatt Key West Resort and Spa, Hyatt Regency Kyoto, Hyatt Regency Paris-Madeleine, Hyatt Regency Tulsa, Hyatt Regency Wichita, Hyatt Santa Barbara, Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa, Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa, Park Hyatt Sydney, Hyatt House properties, Hyatt Place properties and Hyatt Residence Club resorts.
The ability to confirm into a suite at Hyatt properties is our favorite Hyatt Diamond benefit. It takes away the uncertainty for the times you need a suite. I’ve had several recent stays where a non-Hyatt hotel made more sense but really needed a suite, so moved my stay over to the Hyatt since I could confirm into a suite at the time of booking.
The breakfast or lounge benefit is a very close second behind the confirmed suite upgrade. What’s your favorite Hyatt Diamond benefit?
- Andaz Suite At The Hyatt Andaz 5th Ave New York
- Splash Suite At The Hyatt Andaz 5th Avenue In New York City
- Upgrade To Hyatt Diamond Status – Welcome Back Letter
- Hyatt 48 Lex Diamond Breakfast Change – Secret Exposed
- Hyatt Breakfast Challenger To Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes + Win $25 Hyatt Gift Card
- Hyatt 48 Lex Trip Report
- Andaz West Hollywood
- Park Hyatt Toronto Hotel Review
- Martinis Down Under–Park Hyatt Sydney Part I
- Martinis Down Under – Park Hyatt Sydney Part II
- Konnichiwa Japan – Park Hyatt Tokyo Part I
- Konnichiwa Japan – Park Hyatt Tokyo – Part II
- More ridiculousness at the Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Diamond Breakfast over Tokyo
- Buenos Aires Trip Report – Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires Review
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Hotel Review
- Park Hyatt Chicago Hotel Review
- It finally happened at my Hyatt!
- Beautiful sight at the Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Crystal Clearwater – Hyatt Diamond Breakfast And Lunch
- Crystal Clearwater, Fl – Hyatt Regency Clearwater Resort Review
- Crystal Clearwater – Gulf Front Suite At Hyatt Regency
- Weekend In Aruba – Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino
- Hyatt – Diamond status after only 12 stays
- Hyatt – Avoid their website bug which could cost you thousands of points
- Hyatt – Hyatt Gold Passport program overview
- Hyatt – Booking a suite award with Gold Passport points
- Hyatt – Upgrading a paid stay with Gold Passport points
- Hyatt – Using Hyatt Gold Passport points for other redemptions
- Hyatt – Two commonly overlooked bonuses for Hyatt Diamond members
Editorial Note: Opinions, analyses, reviews or suggestions expressed on this site are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer. This post was accurate at the time of posting, offer may be unavailable on this site at a later time. For details on current offers visit the card issuer’s site.